The Cascade LX Women's Lacrosse Headgear is a complete protective solution with an integrated goggle that meets the new ASTM standard for goggles and headgear. Specifically designed for women's lacrosse, it's proven protection, customizable fit system, and lightweight, ventilated design make it easy to be protected on the field.
• One size fits most
• Integrated goggle system relieves the facial pressure experienced by a seperate goggle. LX one-piece protection keeps women's lacrosse gear simple
• Poron XRD offers maximum comfort with the ability to dissipate forces experienced upon impact
• Steel face mask - The LX steel mask is designed with open sight lines and an ergonomic shape
• Flexible outer shell - The LX outer shell is tough on impact, but still soft and flexible to the touch to keep uprotected players safe.
• Adjustable and Customizable Meets ASTM 3137 for Headgear
• Meets ASTM 3077 for Goggles
• Rear adjustable strap
• Dual hair slots
• Interchangeable cheek pads
• Made in the USA
Frequently Asked Questions
Women’s Lacrosse Headgear, ASTM & Rules
What is ASTM and what is an ASTM Standard?
ASTM is an international standards organization that develops and publishes technical standards. The standards provide a set of guidelines and test procedures to which manufacturers can develop products. ASTM standards increase the level of product performance and allow end consumers to have confidence in the products they use.
What are the 2 new Women’s Lacrosse ASTM Standards and what do they include?
The 2 new standards available for women’s lacrosse are F3137 for women’s lacrosse headgear and F3077 for women’s lacrosse goggles. F3137 for headgear has 3 main test requirements; a drop impact test that simulates a 45 mph stick swing, a 60 mph ball impact test and a deformation test to ensure a level of softness that complies with the rules of women’s lacrosse. F3077 is a specific eyewear standard for women’s lacrosse and adds additional testing conditions from the general eyewear standard previously used.
How has Cascade Lacrosse been involved in the ASTM process?
As the leader in head protection in men’s lacrosse, Cascade Lacrosse was very involved in the ASTM process. We collaborated with both ASTM and US Lacrosse to help research and develop the test methodology included in the headgear standard F3137.
How are these new standards incorporated into the Women’s Lacrosse Rules?
The F3137 standard for headgear and the F3077 for goggles are introduced with the same language in the rules for US Lacrosse, NFHS and NCAA.
In regard to eye protection the rules state:
“Eye protection must meet the most current ASTM Specification Standard 3077 for women’s lacrosse, and must be listed on the US Lacrosse web site…As of 1/1/17, only the F3077 standard will be legal for play.”
In regard to headgear, the rules state:
“Effective January 1, 2017 any field player…will only be allowed to wear headgear that meets the ASTM F3137 standard for women’s lacrosse headgear.”
Do the current goggles on the market meet the new ASTM Standard?
Not all of the goggles currently on the market meet the new ASTM Standard, the goggles that meet the F3077 Standard are listed under the Approved Eyewear List on the US Lacrosse website (www.uslacrosse.org).
What is happening with the headgear mandate in Florida High Schools?
Florida State High School Athletics Association voted within their lacrosse & safety committees to mandate headgear for women’s lacrosse for high schools at the state level in 2015. They are continuing to allow the existing products on the market that do not meet the requirements of the new ASTM standard for season 2017 and will adopt the new standard for season 2018.
Cascade LX Women’s Lacrosse Headgear
Which ASTM Standards does the Cascade LX meet?
The LX meets both of the new standards: F3137 for headgear and F3077 for eyewear.
What are the key features and benefits of the Cascade LX?
• INTEGRATED GOGGLE: The integrated goggle system increases face comfort and improves user experience with an easy ability to gear up compared to separate goggles and headgear.
• FIT SYSTEM: Interchangeable cheek pads and the rear adjustable strap provide a dialed in fit for different head shapes and sizes. Designed for play with either mid-high or low pony tails.
• PROTECTION: Poron XRD offers maximum comfort with the ability to dissipate forces experienced upon impact.
• FLEXIBLE SHELL: The LX outer shell is tough on impact, but still maintains the flexibility required by the ASTM Standard. The outer shell also has plenty of room for team customization.
Why does an integrated system perform better?
The Cascade LX integrated goggle-headgear system was engineered to work together. With one piece of equipment, gearing up and getting into the game is an easy and requires minimal adjustments before and during play. The LX eyemask rests comfortably on the face and reduces the facial pressure experienced goggles.